Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank you..



Everyone in my life,
Thank you.
Thank you for: always being there; being able to make me see good in people; helping me through tough times; showing me who I really am; making it easy to let you go; being a true blessing in my life!
I cannot believe today is Thanksgiving, boy am I excited!!
: D This is my favorite time of the year [ of course more enjoyable somewhere where the "norm" in november ISN'T 85 degrees ] BUT today is a true blessing. It isn't hot, a little humid but that too shall pass. I couldn't ask for a better day for today! Nothing exciting so far but I do need to go get ready... soon of course.

Last night I got to spend Thanksgiving Eve [i created a new holiday, if you didn't celebrate there is always next year silly] with my 4 year old niece. We made s
mores, made hand turkeys, decorated my sister's apartment [w/ said hand turkeys and some paper loops!] and watched Cinderella. I couldn't have asked for a better night. AND since she had eaten before hand, I had to make myself some dinner... and oh boy did I treat myself. I was running through Publix trying to find SOMETHING I was in the mood for to go with pasta and chicken. Millions of possibilities, I know, but I wanted to try something out of the ordinary.... so I did!
I sauteed some onions in a pan, cut up my chicken in bite sized pieces. The best part you may ask, I sauteed some pears with the onions AND made a kick ass goat cheese cream sauce. Heaven?! YES! Put it over linguine, and BAM! Heaven in a bowl. Holy moly it was delicious, I do have to say there was something missing but it was divine. I have leftovers so that might be my light [haha!!] lunch before turkey turkey turkey! Oy vey, I'm dreaming about it now...

If you are up for it, I would definitely try that out. There really isn't a recipe but it included: small yellow onion diced, boco pear diced, chicken breast diced [vegetarians can substitute something of their liking or sweet baby peppers goes very nice as well!] goat cheese, heavy cream, salt pepper, little garlic, and cooked linguine! mmm
mmmmm so delicious please do try!
Mine turned out looking like this:
Yes, I was smiling. That was before I ate it! Very goood : )

So enough about food right!? mouth watering yet? Sorry about that.
Well anywho I should get going and get ready. I was supposed to have already left for my hubs house, WHOOPS!

Have a great holiday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment