Friday, January 1, 2010

twenty-ten

Enjoying my peaceful morning without a hangover, very nice if I do say so myself. Last night consisted of lots of dancing, lots of laughs and great times with the family (plus some alcohol for some people). But it was the best way to end the year.
This year has had lots of ups and downs, adventures, disappointments, stress [lots], anxiety but most importantly love throughout all of it. Gained and lost friendships, learned more about people and myself. The most important thing I think that came out of this year, whether it was great for some people or horrible for others, for me was my sense of self. I have finally gotten comfortable in who I am, which is awesome and something I've never felt before so I got a big accomplishment down!
This years goals, not resolutions, aren't completely finished yet. I do want to make it a goal to keep up with this more than I do now. It is just hard considering I can't make a picture blog [well put pictures in my posts] seeing as I don't have a digital camera. Lots of film but no digital, it finally died.

Taking a look back at this year, it has flown by, like light of speed. I graduated, turned 18 and ALMOST almost moved out on my own [with roommates of course]. This year was a big disappointment for a lot of people but I want to go out being positive. It was very bad for some people and great for others but it could have been a lot worse. I get to wake up every morning and have the sun hit my face, my family next to my side and a mr. that loves me dearly [although I would like to punch him right now as to he is being very pushy! : ) haha] For those that could have had a better year, just be thankful for what you do have not what you lost or whats in the past. Have you ever gone running/walking and looked back for some reason and fell. Right there, on your face. I can't say I have done that exact same thing but something similar, it's a metaphor let's just forget the story HA! On a more serious note, let's not look back at what 2009 could have been but at what 2010 can be! I new career, new romance, job, pet, child, family member, anything! Lets stay positive and get back on track. It's easy to get off track and stay there because its well easy. Have courage and strength to turn around and go back on the right path, whichever that may be for you.

I have always struggled with anxiety and stress and most of the time it is because I am thinking selfishly in that I am stressing or have anxiety that I cant get what I need done with the time I want at the moment in MY life. Very selfish, no? So one of my goals is to try and NOT be like that and learn how to serve. I know it will take me being broken but I know I can do it.
Well the mr. is still pushing me to get dressed and out the door, which i should do!, so I will leave you with some of my goals for this year and beyond:
* get the rest of my tattoo drawn up and get it on my skin!
* learn to serve people and to fight less and love more
* take at least 2 road trips [I want more of course]
* begin to study/research/experiment with my new baking textbook! [CIA!]

Thats it for now, if I keep going it will be stupid crap that really aren't true goals, for example get a manicure would wind up on there. hahah!
Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve and aren't popping too many advil this morning ; )
Enjoy Today! 01-01-10!
p.s.- next post I will have pictures from last night and etc! promise! bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment